La. officers snuff out house fire
The New Orleans Times-Picayune
SLIDELL, La. — Two Slidell police officers became volunteer firefighters Monday after a house caught fire near where the officers were monitoring traffic.
Officers Mario Arthur and Brad Hoopes were observing cars in the Lakewood subdivision after receiving numerous complaints about vehicles speeding in the neighborhood, Slidell Police Department spokesman Capt. Kevin Foltz said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. officers snuff out house fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help