La. officers snuff out house fire
The New Orleans Times-Picayune
SLIDELL, La. — Two Slidell police officers became volunteer firefighters Monday after a house caught fire near where the officers were monitoring traffic.
Officers Mario Arthur and Brad Hoopes were observing cars in the Lakewood subdivision after receiving numerous complaints about vehicles speeding in the neighborhood, Slidell Police Department spokesman Capt. Kevin Foltz said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: La. officers snuff out house fire
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house