Ga. sergeant named Officer the Month
By Alan Riquelmy
The Columbus Ledger-Enquirer
MARIETTA, Ga. — Helping coordinate a number of law enforcement agencies investigating the slaying of Auburn freshman Lauren Burk netted Columbus Police Sgt. Harvey Hatcher the Officer of the Month award for March.
Hatcher, a 22-year veteran of the police department, formally received the award on April Fools' Day, which drew some good-natured ribbing from fellow officers, the robbery/homicide sergeant said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. sergeant named Officer the Month
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman