Paralyzed deputy starts new life
By Marcie Young
The Charlotte Observer
ATLANTA — Detective Martin Lawing sat in his wheelchair and looked at his car.
The four-door, 1989 Mercedes had been in Atlanta for less than a day — driven down by colleagues at the Burke County Sheriff's Office — and Lawing was hoping to conquer it.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Paralyzed deputy starts new life
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds