Ga. sheriff deputy dies in crash
By Brennan Leathers
Officer Down: Deputy Sheriff Robert Griffin
DECATUR COUNTY, Ga. — A Decatur County Sheriff's deputy was killed Thursday morning when he accidentally crashed his patrol car while responding to an emergency dispatch, according to the Sheriff's Office.
Deputy Robert Griffin, who had been with the Sheriff's Office since 2005, was killed Thursday, May 1, when his patrol car ran off Brinson Airbase Road in northeast Decatur County and struck two oak trees, according to the Sheriff's Office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. sheriff deputy dies in crash
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman