S.C. deputy fatally shot during domestic
By Lee Higgins
Officer Down: Deputy Sheriff William Howell Jr.
ORANGEBURG COUNTY, S.C. — An Orangeburg County sheriff's deputy was fatally shot early Saturday as he was responding to a domestic dispute at a Holly Hillarea home, Sheriff Larry Williams said.
Then the alleged shooter's wife got into a car and crashed the vehicle into her husband after he reportedly tried to fire the shotgun in her direction, Williams said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: S.C. deputy fatally shot during domestic
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help