S.C. deputy fatally shot during domestic
By Lee Higgins
Officer Down: Deputy Sheriff William Howell Jr.
ORANGEBURG COUNTY, S.C. — An Orangeburg County sheriff's deputy was fatally shot early Saturday as he was responding to a domestic dispute at a Holly Hillarea home, Sheriff Larry Williams said.
Then the alleged shooter's wife got into a car and crashed the vehicle into her husband after he reportedly tried to fire the shotgun in her direction, Williams said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: S.C. deputy fatally shot during domestic
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house