Ceremony honors fallen Tenn. officers
By Jacqueline Koch
The Chattanooga Times Free-Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Stephanie Sneed moves one step closer to closure each year she attends the memorial ceremony honoring Hamilton County law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty.
"It helps a lot to know people come out and support the families," said Ms. Sneed, whose father, Lyle Sneed, a Hamilton County sheriff's deputy, died in 1989 from injuries suffered in a traffic accident while on his way to a fire in which people were trapped, according to Chattanooga Times Free Press archives.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ceremony honors fallen Tenn. officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds