Ceremony honors fallen Tenn. officers
By Jacqueline Koch
The Chattanooga Times Free-Press
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Stephanie Sneed moves one step closer to closure each year she attends the memorial ceremony honoring Hamilton County law enforcement officers who have died in the line of duty.
"It helps a lot to know people come out and support the families," said Ms. Sneed, whose father, Lyle Sneed, a Hamilton County sheriff's deputy, died in 1989 from injuries suffered in a traffic accident while on his way to a fire in which people were trapped, according to Chattanooga Times Free Press archives.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ceremony honors fallen Tenn. officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help