Mich. cop pushes 2 civilians to safety, struck by car
The Detroit Free Press
DETROIT, Mich. — A 35-year-old Harper Woods police officer, who responded to a one-car accident on I-94 near Eight Mile, pushed two civilians out of harm’s way before he was struck by a car that swerved to miss the wreckage, police said. Advertisement
Around 3:58 p.m. today, the officer was on the shoulder of the expressway after a driver of a pickup lost control and struck the embankment. The six-year veteran of the force then saw a Ford Tempo heading toward two witnesses by him. He pushed them both out of the Tempo’s path before he was hit in the hip and back by the car, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house