Texas officers shave heads to help fellow cop
By Richard Steward
The Houston Chronicle
ALVIN, Texas — Police in this Brazoria County town have taken on the bald-is-beautiful look.
Almost the entire police department sported shaved heads Thursday. They weren't shorn as a fashion statement, but to raise money to help a fellow officer pay medical expenses for his 3-year-old son, who lost his hair while fighting leukemia.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas officers shave heads to help fellow cop
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police