Wis. deputy kills child's abductor
By Jesse Garza and Ryan Haggerty
The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
WALWORTH COUNTY, Wis. — A Zion, Ill., man who beat the mother of his 22-month-old daughter before abducting the child from her Kenosha home was shot to death by Walworth County sheriff’s deputies Monday after brandishing a gun at the end of a vehicle chase, authorities said.
Antonio J. Torres, 41, told police that “the next time we saw him and his daughter they both would have bullets to their heads,” Kenosha Police Chief John W. Morrissey said during a press conference about Liliana J. Torres’ abduction Monday afternoon.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Wis. deputy kills child's abductor
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms