PoliceOne Member Photo of the Week: B.C. Eagle Saves Hawk
Lt. Frederick Winslow of the Boston College Police Dept. poses with a baby hawk which he recently rescued on 07/17/08. The baby hawk could not fly and was in danger of being run over while trapped in a parking garage at Boston College. The hawk was later released without incident when he was brought to the top of one of the dormitories on campus and it was reunited with its mother. Boston College has seen an increase in the population of these birds over the years and this is the 3rd such bird that Lt. Winslow has assisted. He is quickly becoming our resident expert in Ornithology.
Submitted by Detective Kevin M. Christopher, Boston College Police Dept. (Boston, MA)
Submit a photo to PoliceOne - it could be selected as our Photo of the Week!
- Community Policing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman