W.Va. sheriff remembers Deputy David Rolls
By Richard Kerns
KEYSER, W.Va. — Mineral County Law enforcement officials were mourning the loss of one of their own with the death of Deputy David Paul Rolls, who passed away this weekend following a seven-month battle with cancer.
Mineral County Sheriff Gary White said Rolls had been on sick leave since January, only a month after earning a promotion to sergeant last December. A 15-year employee, he was a shift supervisor.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: W.Va. sheriff remembers Deputy David Rolls
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms