W.Va. sheriff remembers Deputy David Rolls
By Richard Kerns
KEYSER, W.Va. — Mineral County Law enforcement officials were mourning the loss of one of their own with the death of Deputy David Paul Rolls, who passed away this weekend following a seven-month battle with cancer.
Mineral County Sheriff Gary White said Rolls had been on sick leave since January, only a month after earning a promotion to sergeant last December. A 15-year employee, he was a shift supervisor.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: W.Va. sheriff remembers Deputy David Rolls
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman