Penn. officers make dramatic rescue
By Veronica Torrejon
The Morning Call
ALLENTOWN, Penn. — In the movies, the heroic firefighter emerges from the smoky haze of a burning building to deliver a small child into the arms of a grateful mother.
In a Nazareth fire Tuesday, two police officers kicked in the door of a home on Belvidere Street and rescued a sleeping 14-year-old boy. Unlike Hollywood, where the door crashes down in one swift kick, this one needed five or six tries.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Penn. officers make dramatic rescue
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform