Policeman's heroism 30 years ago remembered at ceremony
By Tom Fuller
Alamogordo Daily News
On the afternoon of Aug. 19, 1978, Pfc. Marvin "Bobby" Owen, a 21-year-old military policeman at White Sands Missile Range, was on his way to assist a family stranded on a flooded road.
Thirty years later to the day, military members and civilians of Team WSMR gathered to commemorate an act of sacrifice and heroism by a young soldier who lost his life trying to help others.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman