Pa. Gov. seeks review of corrections, parole systems following officer deaths
By Andrew Maykuth and Mario F. Cattabiani
PHILADELPHIA — Responding to mounting criticism of the judicial system after a paroled felon killed a Philadelphia police officer, Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell yesterday ordered a halt to the release of parolees until an independent expert can conduct "a top-to-bottom review" of how the state releases violent offenders.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman