NOPD teen explorer becomes SWAT member
By Ramon Antonio Vargas
Salt Lake Tribune
NEW ORLEANS — The blood of a jazz-trumpet great runs through the veins of Reginald Allen Koeller III, but he earns his living mastering the instruments of the New Orleans Police Department's SWAT team.
Koeller, a four-year police veteran, traces his career preference to his participation in the NOPD Explorers program for youngsters ages 12-18. Other childhood experiences included crowds and loud applause that accompanied performances by his grandfather, Reginald Allen Koeller Sr., who led the Preservation Hall Band for more than 15 years before his death in 2004.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NOPD teen explorer becomes SWAT member
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'