Philly street names memorialize slain officers
By Jeff Shields
PHILADELPHIA — Seven police officers killed or fatally injured in the line of duty will have their names memorialized on city streets, as City Council approved resolutions yesterday changing the names of blocks where the fallen officers lived and died.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Philly street names memorialize slain officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds