Texas deputy saves boy from burning car
By Adriana M. Chavez
El Paso Times
EL PASO, Texas — Despite the accolades and media attention, El Paso County sheriff's Deputy Juan Muñoz maintains he was just doing his job when he saved a 2-year-old boy from a burning car earlier this month.
Muñoz, who received the Sheriff's Office Lifesaving Medal Award during a promotions ceremony Wednesday at the Sheriff's Office headquarters, 3850 Justice, said he did what any other deputy would do in the same situation.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas deputy saves boy from burning car
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman