Family, friends mourn officer killed overseas
By Kristina Davis and Angelica Martinez
San Diego Union Tribune
POINT LOMA, Calif. — In a sweet and steady voice, 11-year-old Yvette Borjas read aloud the letter she penned to her father and placed in his flag-draped casket.
“You will always be my No. 1 and my handsome dad. I love you and I will always do my best for you, I promise.”
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Family, friends mourn officer killed overseas
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman