Family, friends mourn officer killed overseas
By Kristina Davis and Angelica Martinez
San Diego Union Tribune
POINT LOMA, Calif. — In a sweet and steady voice, 11-year-old Yvette Borjas read aloud the letter she penned to her father and placed in his flag-draped casket.
“You will always be my No. 1 and my handsome dad. I love you and I will always do my best for you, I promise.”
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Family, friends mourn officer killed overseas
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help