Hockey game to benefit fallen officers' kids
The Harrisburg Patriot
The littlest things can bring back memories of departed loved ones, such as the teeth her granddaughter recently lost, Karen Wise said.
"Michael used to pull his sister's teeth, and that's a funny thing," Wise said of her son, Michael Wise II, a Reading police officer killed on June 4, 2004, by another officer during a shoot-out with a suspect.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Hockey game to benefit fallen officers' kids
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms