Ill. cops help needy kids
My Matthew Walberg
CHICAGO — Two years ago, Cook County Sheriff's Sgt. Charles Brazelton got a little misty-eyed as he watched the kid with the new bike ride off in a snowstorm.
"We had a 17-year-old kid that we donated a 10-speed bike for," Brazelton said. "He rode that bike home in the snow. He was so happy to get that bike. I had tears in my eyes -- I was more happy than he was."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. cops help needy kids
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help