Ill. cops help needy kids
My Matthew Walberg
CHICAGO — Two years ago, Cook County Sheriff's Sgt. Charles Brazelton got a little misty-eyed as he watched the kid with the new bike ride off in a snowstorm.
"We had a 17-year-old kid that we donated a 10-speed bike for," Brazelton said. "He rode that bike home in the snow. He was so happy to get that bike. I had tears in my eyes -- I was more happy than he was."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. cops help needy kids
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house