Program gives youths a taste of police work
By Heather Wells
Idaho Falls Post Register
IDAHO FALLS, Idaho — Jennifer Brookover knows there's more to being a law enforcement officer than a uniform.
Donning a blue suit doesn't automatically make one qualified to conduct a water rescue or handle a firearm - something Brookover's gleaned while taking part in Law Enforcement Explorer Post 117, a program offered by the Bonneville County sheriff's office.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Program gives youths a taste of police work
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help