Opinion: Our officers and courts deserve our gratitude
By Barbara Cooley Thaw
PITTSBURGH — Headlines tell stories of people with total disregard for the law, acting out in chilling violent rages and greed beyond comprehension. It can leave one with a feeling that human kindness and selfless tendencies have almost disappeared. Nothing could be further from the truth. It is imperative to balance out the horrible, the ridiculous, the immoral with the integrity and upstanding that surrounds us.
I want to relay my brush with real-life heroes after returning from a recent morning spent at the Allegheny County Courthouse.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms