Officers outraged over sentence in the execution of NYPD Officer Russel Timoshenko
By Jeff Harrell
The Staten Island Advance
NEW YORK — Last month, a Brooklyn jury allowed Robert Ellis to skirt a murder conviction in the execution of NYPD Officer Russel Timoshenko of Bay Terrace.
Yesterday, Ellis was shipped off to prison for 15 years on three separate guilty verdicts of second-degree weapons possession.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help