Officers outraged over sentence in the execution of NYPD Officer Russel Timoshenko
By Jeff Harrell
The Staten Island Advance
NEW YORK — Last month, a Brooklyn jury allowed Robert Ellis to skirt a murder conviction in the execution of NYPD Officer Russel Timoshenko of Bay Terrace.
Yesterday, Ellis was shipped off to prison for 15 years on three separate guilty verdicts of second-degree weapons possession.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman