N.C. chief backs detective in off duty shooting
By Christopher D. Kirkpatrick and Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
The Charlotte Observer
GASTONIA, N.C. — Gastonia police Chief Tim Adams defended one of his detectives for shooting at two suspects in Charlotte as they carjacked an unmarked police SUV and then crashed it moments later in a ball of flames.
One of the suspects died from a gunshot wound, the Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner's Office reported Friday. The other suspect was arrested later Thursday night and charged with multiple crimes.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.C. chief backs detective in off duty shooting
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house