Philanthropist donates $1.5 million to build Police Athletic League headquarters
By James B. Meadow
Rocky Mountain News
DENVER — On a sprawling wedge of park jammed between the Platte River and a gritty industrial crust of the west side, a confluence of kids, cops, philanthropy and loyalty spills together to create a legacy to community caring and friendship.
And somewhere, looking down on all this, a guardian angel with a crooked nose probably is smiling and shaking his head, wondering what took so long for it to happen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds