Philanthropist donates $1.5 million to build Police Athletic League headquarters
By James B. Meadow
Rocky Mountain News
DENVER — On a sprawling wedge of park jammed between the Platte River and a gritty industrial crust of the west side, a confluence of kids, cops, philanthropy and loyalty spills together to create a legacy to community caring and friendship.
And somewhere, looking down on all this, a guardian angel with a crooked nose probably is smiling and shaking his head, wondering what took so long for it to happen.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms