Off duty cop pulls injured man from tracks, just in time
Officer saves woman who fell onto metro tracks
By Deborah Young
Staten Island Advance
STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Sgt. Kenneth Granowski could tell something was wrong the second he stepped onto the platform yesterday at the Great Kills station of the Staten Island Railway to catch the 6:49 a.m. express to the ferry, en route to his job at One Police Plaza.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic