N.M. mayor gives his salary to local PD
By Clara Garcia
Valencia County News-Bulletin
BOSQUE FARMS, N.M. — The mayor is reaching into his own pocket to help with unexpected expenditures in the Police Department.
Mayor Wayne Ake has told the village's clerk-administrator, Gayle Jones, to take his salary for the remainder of the fiscal year and give it to the Police Department.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: N.M. mayor gives his salary to local PD
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help