Pa. cop gets seat of honor at Obama's speech
Officer Decoatsworth was shot in the face last year
By Marie McCullough
First lady Michelle Obama, left, applauds during President Barack Obama's address to a joint session of Congress in the House Chamber of the Capitol in Washington, Tuesday, Feb. 24, 2009. Philadelphia Police Officer Richard DeCoatsworth (right) stands next to her. (AP Photo)
'I'm doing great,' says Pa. officer who was shot in face
Rookie Phila. officer shot in face during traffic stop
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. cop gets seat of honor at Obama's speech
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house