Chicago cop stays on force after cancer, foot amputation
A rookie's sprained ankle led doctors to discover a tumor. But even after losing his foot, Officer Eric Schultz wouldn't let go of his dream job.
By Jeff Long
Tenn. Sgt. inspires, educates fellow officers with survivor story
I will win because...
CHICAGO — When doctors amputated his right foot to keep bone cancer from spreading, Eric Schultz was determined not to give up his job as a police officer.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police