New Orleans officers honored for jobs well done
By Brendan McCarthy
NEW ORLEANS — One by one, more than 50 law enforcement officers stood in front of a grateful audience Tuesday morning while New Orleans police officials lauded their work.
Some had dodged bullets or saved lives. Some had snared caches of guns and drugs or apprehended criminals. Some had suffered greatly for their work, suffering a gunshot wound to the arm or bullets to the body.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: New Orleans officers honored for jobs well done
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help