Calif. firefighters serve food to grief-stricken police
By Meredith May
San Francisco Chronicle
News report: Oakland PD stunned by day of loss
Slideshow: Memorial for fallen Oakland officers
OAKLAND, Calif. — When awful, unexplainable things happen, sometimes the best thing is a warm meal served by a friend who has been there before.
That's why Oakland firefighters loaded up on hamburger and tri-tip steak and took over the kitchen at the Oakland Police Officers Association, to serve comfort food to a force reeling from the slaying of four of its officers last weekend.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house