N.Y. cops fatally shoot man who threatened to kill family
Economy contributes to rise in family violence
Law Enforcement and the Economy
By Alison Gendar, Erica Pearson and Erin Durkin
New York Daily News
NEW YORK — Bronx cops rescued a woman and her three children from her knife-wielding husband Sunday before shooting the disturbed man to death when he lunged at two officers with the knife, police said.
Police fired six shots at Mauricio Jacques, 35, after two blasts of a Taser stun gun and rubber bullets failed to stop him.
The dramatic confrontation unfolded after Jacques' wife, Anna Martinez, 33, frantically called 911 twice just before 10a.m., saying her drunk and deranged husband was threatening to kill her, their 11-year-old daughter and their two sons, ages 9 and 5.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman