N.Y. cops fatally shoot man who threatened to kill family
Economy contributes to rise in family violence
Law Enforcement and the Economy
By Alison Gendar, Erica Pearson and Erin Durkin
New York Daily News
NEW YORK — Bronx cops rescued a woman and her three children from her knife-wielding husband Sunday before shooting the disturbed man to death when he lunged at two officers with the knife, police said.
Police fired six shots at Mauricio Jacques, 35, after two blasts of a Taser stun gun and rubber bullets failed to stop him.
The dramatic confrontation unfolded after Jacques' wife, Anna Martinez, 33, frantically called 911 twice just before 10a.m., saying her drunk and deranged husband was threatening to kill her, their 11-year-old daughter and their two sons, ages 9 and 5.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic