Heroic Philly officer on list for $10K prize
By David Gambacorta
Philadelphia Daily News
Wounded Philly cop released from hospital
PHILADELPHIA — A cold-blooded gunman was on the run and a cop lay dying when Highway Patrol Officer Richard Bowes arrived in North Philly on Sept. 23.
In the chaotic minutes that followed, Bowes fatally shot convicted felon Daniel Giddings, but only after Giddings had fired a bullet that shattered Bowes' pelvis.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Heroic Philly officer on list for $10K prize
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help