Retired Fla. officer drowns trying to save boy
By Jeff Kunerth
TITUSVILLE, Fla. — The way it ended -- on a fishing trip, trying to save a child -- says volumes about Ottie "Steve" Harrelson.
Harrelson, a 65-year-old retired police officer, died Saturday after jumping into the Indian River near Titusville to rescue a boy with disabilities who had fallen out of his john boat.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Retired Fla. officer drowns trying to save boy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help