Retired Fla. officer drowns trying to save boy
By Jeff Kunerth
TITUSVILLE, Fla. — The way it ended -- on a fishing trip, trying to save a child -- says volumes about Ottie "Steve" Harrelson.
Harrelson, a 65-year-old retired police officer, died Saturday after jumping into the Indian River near Titusville to rescue a boy with disabilities who had fallen out of his john boat.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Retired Fla. officer drowns trying to save boy
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman