Fla. cop honored for saving woman trapped in car
By Vanessa Fultz
LIVE OAK, Fla. — A fiery crash proved fatal for the passenger in a car that hit a light pole in March. It could have turned fatal for the vehicle's driver had it not been for a police officer and paramedic that went beyond the call of duty.
Live Oak Police Officer Thomas Faller and Suwannee County Firefighter/Paramedic Shawn Hillengas arrived on the crash scene shortly after 3 a.m. on March 3. Adrienne Linton, the driver of a 1987 Chevrolet sedan, had just hit two power poles on SR 51. Electrical wires lay on and around the vehicle, and it was dark.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Fla. cop honored for saving woman trapped in car
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house