Nev. artist constructs memorial for fallen officers
By Maggie Lillis
Las Vegas Review-Journal
Pictures of the Nevada Police Memorial
LAS VEGAS, Nev. — With his 28-foot-tall creation bearing a steel eagle with a 9-foot wingspan perched behind him, artist Adolfo R. Gonzalez's face lit up when he talked about the memorial to fallen Southern Nevada police officers Wednesday.
"I am a guy that can draw, paint and build, but to do something so grand makes me so proud," he said of the statue he was selected to create.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy