Family of slain Calif. officer creates memorial fund
By Heather Hacking
BUTTE VALLEY, Calif. — A scholarship fund to help pay for a cadet to receive law enforcement training at Butte College has been created by the family of slain Red Bluff police officer David Mobilio, who was shot while gassing up his patrol car in 2002.
The family recently made a donation to the Butte College Foundation, and a ceremony was held last week as part of slain Officer National Police Week, which runs through Sunday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms