Calif. cop offers CDs to help families of slain officers
By Rich Freedman
VALLEJO, Calif. — It's been two months since four Oakland police officers were killed in the line of duty. Yet, while most people simply return to their daily lives, that March 21 tragedy weighs heavily on Steve Darden's mind.
As a 13-year Vallejo cop, Darden's probably no different than many in law enforcement.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court