Fla. officer in recovery after being shot by suspect
By Joel Marino
DEERFIELD BEACH, Fla. — Recovering from an operation after four bullets ripped through his body Saturday night, Officer Paul "Joey" Kempinski IV muttered three words when he saw his family at the hospital: "I'm so sorry."
"I told him, 'What're you apologizing for? This isn't your fault,' " said his father, Paul Kempinski III.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms