Chicago officer killed while investigating gunfire
By Angela Rozas, Lauren R. Harrison and Christopher Latham
CHICAGO — Police work wasn't just a job for Officer Alejandro "Alex" Valadez. It was a family calling.
Valadez was one of three siblings to join the Chicago Police Department, and in just three short years, he had established himself as a go-to police officer in the tough Englewood District, unafraid of challenging assignments or long hours.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police