Slain Ill. officer mourned, remembered as a 'peacemaker'
By Tim Logan
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
CENTREVILLE — Hundreds of police officers, black bands over their shields, came Saturday to this small Metro East city to remember police Lt. Gregory Jonas, who was killed Tuesday as he worked to serve its residents.
Joining the police officers were Jonas' friends and family and the people of the small city Jonas gave his life to protect.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house