N.C. cop wounded in shootout saved by fellow officers
Editor’s Note:Editor's note: A local news station has reported that other Durham, N.C. officers have been donating blood to support their wounded brother in blue.
News & Observer
DURHAM, N.C. — A Durham police officer who was shot last week at a Shannon Road apartment complex was moved out of intensive care at Duke Hospital on Monday.
Officers were dispatched to a call about a disturbance with a weapon at 3300 Shannon Road, Apt. 5-A, shortly after 4 a.m. Thursday. The call was then upgraded to a possible break-in in progress.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests