N.C. cop wounded in shootout saved by fellow officers
Editor’s Note:Editor's note: A local news station has reported that other Durham, N.C. officers have been donating blood to support their wounded brother in blue.
News & Observer
DURHAM, N.C. — A Durham police officer who was shot last week at a Shannon Road apartment complex was moved out of intensive care at Duke Hospital on Monday.
Officers were dispatched to a call about a disturbance with a weapon at 3300 Shannon Road, Apt. 5-A, shortly after 4 a.m. Thursday. The call was then upgraded to a possible break-in in progress.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman