Drug-sniffing K-9s get police badges, praise
By William Kaempffer
New Haven Register
NEW HAVEN — One of the Police Department's newest members sniffed out $65,000 worth of heroin in his first 10 days on the job. He got lunch for his trouble.
On Monday, the department's two new narcotics dogs received their department badges in a short ceremony at police headquarters and high praise from their boss.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Drug-sniffing K-9s get police badges, praise
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms