Families of slain N.C. officers get help
By Ryan Seals
News & Record
GREENSBORO, N.C. — Retirement never really suited Tommy Martin.
The veteran police officer retired in 2002 from the Illinois State Police and, for two years, the coffee with his buddies just wasn't cutting it. He still had the itch to don the badge and took the post as chief deputy with the Douglas County, Ill., Sheriff's Office in 2004.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Families of slain N.C. officers get help
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman