Capitol police praised for recent shootings
By Emily Yehle
WASHINGTON — Before last Wednesday, it had been almost 11 years since a Capitol Police officer was forced to fire his gun on duty.
There have been a few close calls; in 2006, for example, a man ran into the Capitol carrying a gun before being caught by a few House employees.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Capitol police praised for recent shootings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy