Details on standoff, N.M. deputy's death emerge
By Colleen Heild and Rozanna M. Martinez
SANDOVAL COUNTY, N.M. — Sandoval County sheriff's deputy Theresa Moriarty pleaded with neighbors to call for an ambulance after her partner was gravely wounded during an undercover stakeout in a Jemez Mountain cabin.
A 911 tape recording released by State Police late Friday shows neighbors across the road from the cabin called in the emergency at 4:40 a.m. on July 16.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Details on standoff, N.M. deputy's death emerge
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic