Slain Colo. officer gave all to family and service
By Jessica Fender
MONTROSE, Colo. — From his early teens, Sgt. David Kinterknecht dreamed of becoming a police officer.
At 14, he first volunteered with the Montrose Police Department through a program giving teens the chance to help with tasks like traffic control.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court