Texas man who paid for sick officer's flight honored
By Tanya Eiserer
Dallas Morning News
DALLAS — Eugene Knies, a McKinney resident who donated the $7,500 to pay for the air ambulance to bring Officer Alex Garcia home, received the Honorary 2008 Great First Responder Award on behalf of CareFlite and the Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council.
James C. Swartz, (right) President and CEO of CareFlite, presented the award to Knies (left) at his car dealership in Bonham on Tuesday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform