Mo. officers praised after rescuing five from fires
By Patrick M. O'Connell and Terry Hillig
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS, Mo. — Five people asleep in two separate burning buildings were saved by police officers alert enough to spot fires and brave enough to go inside, officials said Monday.
The first case, Sunday morning, involved three St. Louis County police officers who twice went into a smoke-filled house in Mehlville to rescue a couple and their adult son who slept through sounding smoke detectors.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman