Chicago officers honored for speedy arrest in attack
By Annie Sweeney
CHICAGO — Technically, the Chicago police officers were recognized for how quickly they moved to scoop up a reputed gang member -- in about four minutes -- and gather evidence to show he'd bashed a woman's face with a brick.
But what Frances Hitchcock, 60, remembers just as much are the days and months after, when the officers continued to reassure her that she could still feel safe in her Far North Side neighborhood.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house