Chicago officers honored for speedy arrest in attack
By Annie Sweeney
CHICAGO — Technically, the Chicago police officers were recognized for how quickly they moved to scoop up a reputed gang member -- in about four minutes -- and gather evidence to show he'd bashed a woman's face with a brick.
But what Frances Hitchcock, 60, remembers just as much are the days and months after, when the officers continued to reassure her that she could still feel safe in her Far North Side neighborhood.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help